If you’re a fan of prawns you are going to love this fresh flavoursome salad from PT Alice Liveing ( aka Clean Eating Alice). This delicious recipe is the perfect way to stay nourished when you’re training hard and the combination of spicy chilli and ginger to give this dish a tasty kick that will have you coming back for more.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 50g medium rice noodles
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 150g cooked prawns
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 small handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
- Cook broccoli and peas for 3–5 minutes and drain.
- Toast sesame seeds in dry pan over medium heat for 1–2 mins. Shake dressing ingredients in a lidded jar.
- Toss noodles with the prawns, broccoli, peas, spring onion, mint and dressing. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, season and serve, or save in a lunchbox.
Everyday Fitness by Clean Eating Alice is published by HarperCollins, £14.99.
Nutrition (per serving) Energy: 527kcal. Protein: 38.3g. Carbs: 52.4g. Sugar: 3.3g. Fat: 17.4g.