Festive Cranberry & Chestnut Quinoa
Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
1/2 vegetable stock cube
120g chestnut mushrooms
1 stock celery
2 cloves garlic
1/2 medium onion
Olive oil for cooking
Large handful of cooked chestnuts
Handful dried cranberries
Black pepper to taste
Tbsp of LINWOODS Milled Flaxseed
Fresh herbs and coriander and pomegranate seeds to garnish
Christmas Lentil, Pistachio & Cranberry Loaf
235g cooked green lentils
2 large carrots
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp flour
2 flax eggs – 2 tbsp LINWOODS Milled Flaxseed + 5 tbsp water
2 tbsp each of chopped fresh sage, thyme and rosemary
1 tbsp oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1.5 tsp salt or to taste
For the cranberry topping:
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Prepare the flax eggs by mixing the milled flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Leave to set for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted)
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan, then add in the onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute then take off the heat.
4. Add the lentils, carrots, pistachios and almonds to a food processor and blend until you have a crumbly mixture. Depending on the strength of your food processor, you may find it easier to blend the carrots, lentils and nuts separately.
5. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl, then add in the cooked onions and garlic, nutritional yeast, oat flour, lemon juice, chopped herbs and the prepared flax eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Smooth the mixture into a loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
8. To make the cranberry topping, add the cranberries, orange juice and maple syrup into a small saucepan and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Spread the mixture over the loaf and decorate with chopped pistachios.